Resources for Sunday Morning - March 15
Here are resources to assist your time as a family or in small groups to pray, sing, read and discuss God's word together.
At 11:00 am, the regular Sunday message (Hebrews 6:9-12) will be streamed through our church's web page. We encourage you to read, sing, and pray together, then join us at 11:00 am online for the morning message.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached.
- Read aloud and pray through: Psalm 115 and Romans 8:18-30.
- Read Hebrews 6:9-12 again. What are some ways the warnings of vv. 1-8 apply to you in light of v. 9? How can those warnings be an aid for you in conversations with drifting Christians?
- Consider the role of work and love in the Christian life as laid out in these verses. How is your love for the name of God shown? In what ways does this passage motivate you to minister to others?
- How does this passage emphasize the role of your diligence? What specific things should you take away from this passage regarding your diligence?
- What ways should we imitate the faithful who have gone before us, specifically in light of this passage? In what ways are you trending toward being an imitable person? What changes should take place so that you are an exemplary person?
- Click the links below to find the Youtube videos, Hymnsheets and recordings of the songs; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- During these days, encourage one another with God's word, thoughts on the goodness of his perfect wisdom, deep love, and ultimate sovereignty. He is trustworthy. Allow the world to see His impact on our hearts through our responses throughout these days.
Songs for Sunday
- A Mighty Fortress Is Our God (Hymnsheet)
- Be Thou My Vision (Hymnsheet)
- Christ the Sure and Steady Anchor (Hymnsheet)
- It Is Well with My Soul (Hymnsheet)