For 2021 our aim is is learning to trust God. We are studying 1 Peter 3:1-6.
With the goal that the women of Summit Woods Baptist Church would intentionally pursue, engage, serve, teach, confront, exhort, help and love the other women in the body at Summit Woods Baptist Church according to the pattern set forth Titus 2:3-5, namely "older women teaching what is good and so to train the younger women" to the end "that the word of God may not be reviled" among us, Summit Woods Women exists to meet that goal through weekly Titus 2 Groups, a Winter Conference, a Fall Fellowship and various gathering throughout the year.
Titus 2 Groups: Meet Weekly throughout the year. Please see the list below to get involved.
Fall Fellowship: Saturday, October 16, 2021, Fellowship Hall
2022 SWW Winter Conference: February 3-5, 2022 at Heartland Conference Center, Parkville, MO
You can find recordings of Summit Woods Women's events and retreats on the Summit Woods Women's podcast.
Below you will find resources to assist you.
Our early morning Titus group has provided me with such sweet fellowship as we practice discipling one another in the application of God's Word. We are learning how to pray more purposefully together--how to share honestly in life's joys and struggles--and how to continually compare our own thoughts to God's thoughts. I mentioned to a fellow sister in Christ that I wasn't sure how to lead the ladies through a particular lesson and she encouraged me with 'that's why we practice'. It seems our early morning group is the schoolhouse for such practice. — Michelle McConnell
I’m so thankful for the opportunity to be a part of a Titus 2 group! I appreciate the accountability provided by meeting together with other Christian women on a regular basis. In doing a book study together, we are able to encourage one another in the Lord and help one another practically apply the truths of God’s word. Our group has come alongside me in prayer and helped me as needs arise outside of our meetings as well. The relationships we’ve formed go far deeper than just a quick greeting on Sunday mornings. It’s so wonderful to walk alongside believing women as we seek the Lord’s guidance in our daily lives and to gain wisdom from those who are more spiritually mature. What a sweet gift from the Lord these ladies are to me! — Amy Welsh
Titus 2 Women's Groups - 2021 Schedule
Titus 2 Women’s Groups at SW are designed to encourage, facilitate, and spark relationships between older and younger women among our body. Would you consider joining one of the Titus 2 Groups listed here as a further avenue to fellowship with Summit Woods Women?
I have profited from being a part of my Titus 2 group because it pushes me to see broad, Scriptural application in a variety of life experiences and situations common to other women. It's encouraging to see God working in different people and contexts for our sanctification and His glory, and our Titus 2 group is a unique platform for displaying that. I have also appreciated the accountability of engaging in the wider fellowship and discipleship that helps keep me from neglecting that Scriptural application! — Stephanie Gardner
Titus 2 Women's Group Mondays, 10:00 am-Noon
- Material to discuss: Is God Really in Control by Jerry Bridges
- Meets 1st and 3rd Mondays in the Student's Center Class Room
- Contact Pattie Rogers or Rachel Stouffer
- Please note that this group is full. If you'd like to join the group in the fall of 2021, please contact the Pattie or Rachel.
Titus 2 Women’s Group Tuesdays, 10 am-Noon
- Material to discuss: Knowing God, by JI Packer
- Meets 1st and 3rd Tuesdays in Peculiar
- Contact Heidi Hurley or Crystal Mickelson
- Children welcome.
Titus 2 Women’s Group Wednesdays, 4:30-5:40 pm
- Material to discuss: Heaven by Randy Alcorn
- Meets weekly in the Fellowship Hall - FH401
- Contact Lois House
Titus 2 Women’s Group Thursdays, 9:30-11:30 am
- Material to discuss: The Power of Christian Contentment by Andrew M. Davis
- Meets 2nd and 4th Thursdays in Belton
- Contact Karlee Rogers or Heather Ruisinger
Titus 2 Women’s Group Thursdays, 7:00-9:00 pm
- Material to discuss: Trusting God by Jerry Bridges
- Meets every other Thursday, location varies
- This group is currently full. Please contact Gale Collison or Kerry Conrad or Lauren Hoffman if you would like to join in Fall 2021.
Titus 2 Women’s Group Thursdays, 8:00-9:30 pm
- Material to discuss: Taking Time to Quiet Your Soul by Jim Berg
- Meets 2nd and 4th Thursdays at Church Office—OF
- This group will not meet during the summer 2021. Please contact Julia Bouvia if you would like to join in Fall 2021.
Titus 2 Women’s Group Fridays, 6:15-7:45 am
- Material to discuss: TBD
- Meets twice a month in Lee’s Summit
- This group will not meet during the Summer 2021. Please contact Michelle McConnell or Kelly Capranica if you would like to join in Fall 2021.
Our Titus 2 group has been an encouragement to me in that it has been a great way to get to know a group of women in a closer way. In the small group setting, there is a greater opportunity for sharing one another's joys and burdens. And especially for me, the small group helps to keep my feet to the fire (so to speak) with regards to my walk with the Lord. ~ Gale Collison
I'm so glad I joined a Titus 2 group two years ago! When I moved home from college, I felt disconnected and not sure where I fit in at church. Meeting regularly with a small group of women connected me to people who encouraged me and opportunities to serve the body. I'm thankful for the spiritual disciplines we continue to tackle together-- prayer and scripture memory especially! My Titus 2 group has grown my love for the people of Summit Woods Baptist Church while growing my affection for our Maker. ~ Laina Gunsallus
Recommended Titus 2 Group Reading List
- Let Me Be a Woman, Elisabeth Elliot
- Adorned: Living Out the Beauty of the Gospel Together, Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth
- Feminine Appeal: Seven Virtues of a Godly Wife and Mother, Carolyn Mahaney
- Shopping for Time: How to Do It All and Not Be Overwhelmed, Carolyn Mahaney
- True Beauty, Carolyn Mahaney
- Housewife Theologian: How the Gospel Interrupts the Ordinary, Aimee Byrd
- Disciplines of a Godly Woman, Barbara Hughes
- God’s High Calling for Women, John MacArthur
- Different by Design: Discovering God’s Will for Today’s Man and Woman, John MacArthur
- Rediscovering Biblical Manhood and Womanhood: A Response to Evangelical Feminism, Piper/Grudem
- The Excellent Wife: A Biblical Perspective, Martha Peace
- Boy Meets Girl: Say Hello to Courtship, Joshua Harris
- Sex and the Supremacy of Christ, John Piper
- When Sinners Say, “I Do”: Discovering the Power of the Gospel for Marriage, Dave Harvey
- This Momentary Marriage, John Piper
- Shepherding a Child’s Heart, Tedd Tripp
- Strengthening Your Marriage, Wayne Mack
- Missional Motherhood: The Everyday Ministry of Motherhood in the Grand Plan of God, Gloria Furman
- Don’t Make Me Count to Three, Ginger Hubbard
- Instructing a Child’s Heart, Tedd & Margy Tripp
- Teach them Diligently: How to Use the Scriptures in Child Training, Lou Priolo
- The Faithful Parent, Martha Peace/Stuart Scott
- Treasuring Christ When Your Hands Are Full, Gloria Furman
- The Fulfilled Family: God’s Design for Your Home, John MacArthur
- Our Sufficiency in Christ, John MacArthur
- Humility: True Greatness, CJ Mahaney
- Discipline: The Glad Surrender, Elisabeth Elliot
- Keep a Quiet Heart, Elisabeth Elliot
- The Discipline of Grace, Jerry Bridges
- The Pursuit of Holiness, Jerry Bridges
- Respectable Sins, Jerry Bridges
- Holiness, JC Ryle
- The Religious Affections, Jonathan Edwards
- Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life, Donald Whitney
- Praying the Bible, Donald Whitney
- Spiritual Depression: Its Causes and Its Cure, D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones
- Women of the Word: How to Study the Bible with Both Our Hearts and Our Minds, Jen Wilkin
- Taking Time to Quiet Your Soul by Jim Berg
- The Shaping of a Christian Family, Elisabeth Elliot
- A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael, Elisabeth Elliot
- Faithful Women and Their Extraordinary God, Noel Piper
- Twelve Extraordinary Women, John MacArthur
- 21 Servants of Sovereign Joy: Faithful, Flawed, and Fruitful, John Piper
- Knowing God, JI Packer
- Trusting God, Jerry Bridges
- The Joy of Fearing God, Jerry Bridges
- Desiring God, John Piper
- Future Grace: The Purifying Power of the Promises of God, John Piper
- The Pleasures of God, John Piper
- The Holiness of God, RC Sproul
- Fundamentals of the Faith, Grace Community Church
- The Knowledge of the Holy: The Attributes of God, AW Tozer
- Systematic Theology: An Introduction to Biblical Doctrine, Wayne Grudem
- The Attributes of God, AW Pink
- Is God Really in Control? by Jerry Bridges
- Spiritual Mothering: The Titus 2 Model for Women Mentoring Women, Susan Hunt
- Instruments in the Redeemer’s Hands, Paul Tripp
- How People Change, Timothy Lane
- One to One Bible Reading, David Helm
- The Power of Christian Contentment by Andrew M. Davis
- Reverberation: How God’s Word Brings Light, Freedom, and Action to His People, Jonathan Leeman
- Why We Love the Church: In Praise of Institutions and Organized Religion, Kevin DeYoung
- Nine Marks of a Healthy Church, Mark Dever
- The Trellis and the Vine: The Ministry Mind-Shift that Changes Everything, Colin Marshall
- The Gospel and Personal Evangelism, Mark Dever
- Let the Nations Be Glad: The Supremacy of God in Missions, John Piper
SWW 2017 Women's Retreat Booklet
In response to the feedback we received from our 2017 Summit Woods Women’s retreat in March, we have revised the weekend’s Proverbs 31 Bible study booklet to allow the ladies who were not able to attend the retreat to complete the study as well. While you can go through the study entirely on your own, we strongly encourage you to get together with other ladies to discuss what you have studied and to pray for one another. Our purpose with this study is to begin a conversation that will continue as we encourage and disciple each other to live as godly women who fear the Lord.
SWW 2018 Retreat Recipe Exchange
During the 2018 SWW Retreat ladies submitted their favorite recipes to be collected for your enjoyment! You'll find a copy here.
SWW 2021 Cooking Together Recipe Compilation
The 2021 SWW Cooking Together fellowship provided a sweet time together, and we compiled the recipes together for you! You'll find a copy here.
Let's meditate and memorize Titus 2:3-5 together as Summit Woods Women. See a number of versions below:
3 Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good,4 and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled. (ESV)
3 Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, 4 so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, 5 to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored. (NASB)
3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; 4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, 5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed. (KJV)
3 Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4 Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God. (NIV)
Let's listen to or read the following teaching on this passage to help us understand what the Word is saying:
From Summit Woods
- Summit Woods Women's Podcast - All recorded sessions from events and retreats.
- A Gospel-Driven Church: Summit Woods sermon series on the book of Titus.
- 2021 SWW Winter Retreat: Teaching from the 2021 Winter Retreat on the Sovereignty of God
- Titus 2 Retreat Day: Teaching from the June 27, 2015 Retreat by women of Summit Woods.
- Titus 2 Morning Fellowship: Teaching, by Bret Capranica, from the August 29, 2015 Morning Fellowship
- Walking in Titus 2 - June 4 Retreat Day: Audio from the June 4, 2016 Retreat (Transcript from Session 2: Q&A)
- Walking in Titus 2 - August 27 Retreat Day: Audio from the August 27, 2016 Retreat
- Sweet Fiction and Sweet Truth Alike: The Background and Influence of The Pilgrim's Progress
From John MacArthur
- God's Plan for Older Men and Older Women, John MacArthur
- God's Plan for Younger Women, Part 1, John MacArthur
- God's Plan for Younger Women, Part 2, John MacArthur
From Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
Helpful conversations on biblical womanhood: