We, at Summit Woods Baptist Church, seek to spread the Gospel to all people, and that begins right here where we are in Lee's Summit, MO and the Kansas City metro area. We find great conviction in the need to represent Christ as His ambassador at all times.
Our street evangelism team at Summit Woods Baptist Church would like to invite you to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the lost on the streets of Kansas City. The team distributes tracts and engages in One to One conversations using the Law to the proud and Grace to the humble, as seen in scripture. The team goes out most weekends to places like the 'Power and Light' district, downtown Kansas City, Sprint Center, and various events around town. They also provide evangelism training. See our church calendar for events.
First Time Visitor Outreach
We strive to personally thank each visitor of Summit Woods Baptist Church following their first visit. In partnership with our Growth Groups, we look to answer any questions about the church, pray for their concerns, and seek opportunities to share the good news of Jesus Christ. If you are interested in joining this ministry please contact Dawson Bryant.
Local Discipleship Opportunities
- Lee’s Summit Medical Center: Serve as a volunteer. Contact Bret Capranica or Stephen Satterfield (Chaplain and Volunteer Coordinator at Lee’s Summit Medical Center) for more information.
- Addington Place: Weekly Bible study and services at this senior care facility. Contact Tom Green for more information.
- The Carlyle: Weekly Sunday service from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Service includes singing and a short devotional followed by conversation at this senior care facility. Contact Bret Capranica for more information and to become involved.
- Capitol Commission: A discipleship and evangelistic ministry to state legislators and staff. Contact John Battaglia. For more information visit www.capitolcom.org/missouri.
- Central Baptist Church: A sister church in Kansas City pastored by Samuel Nelson (sent out from SWBC). Contact Samuel at (816) 446-4614 for ways to pray and serve.
- Eleos Coffee House: A local outreach to Kansas City. Contact Dan Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information visit www.eleoskc.org
- City Union Mission: Willingness to share the gospel at the Community Assistance Center; more details here. Contact Eric Thompson for more information.
- Rachel House: Pregnancy resource center. Contact Maria Engling for more information and to volunteer.