We, at Summit Woods Baptist Church, seek to spread the Gospel to all people, and that begins right here where we are in Lee's Summit, MO and the Kansas City metro area. We find great conviction in the need to represent Christ as His ambassador at all times.
Resources for those Interested in the Gospel or the Bible
Waytogod.org – Provides audiobooks on how to develop a relationship with God, and provides answers to common questions about a relationship with God.
Gotquestions.org – Provides answers to thousands of questions about Christianity and the Bible.
Wretched.org – Online TV and radio station providing a biblical perspective on many topics.
Livingwaters.com – Video clips of real-life discussions about the Gospel with people from a variety of backgrounds
Equipping for Believers
Evangelism and Biblical Counseling- A challenge to Christians to share their faith through counseling.
Living with Gospel Intentionality- A wealth of ideas for how to share the gospel more effectively.
Personal Disciple Making- Even more ideas for sharing the gospel with others.
A More Spontaneous and Genuine Evangelism - An explanation of how to share the gospel organically throughout your day-to-day life.
Local Discipleship Opportunities
- Lee’s Summit Medical Center: Serve as a volunteer. Contact Bret Capranica or Stephen Satterfield (Chaplain and Volunteer Coordinator at Lee’s Summit Medical Center) for more information.
- Addington Place: Weekly Bible study and services at this senior care facility. Contact Tom Green for more information.
- The Carlyle: Weekly Sunday service from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Service includes singing and a short devotional followed by conversation at this senior care facility. Contact Bret Capranica for more information and to become involved.
- Capitol Commission: A discipleship and evangelistic ministry to state legislators and staff. Contact John Battaglia. For more information visit www.capitolcom.org/missouri.
- Central Baptist Church: A sister church in Kansas City pastored by Samuel Nelson (sent out from SWBC). Contact Samuel at (816) 446-4614 for ways to pray and serve.
- Eleos Coffee House: A local outreach to Kansas City. Contact Dan Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information visit www.eleoskc.org
- City Union Mission: Willingness to share the gospel at the Community Assistance Center; more details here. Contact Bret Capranica for more information.
- Resource Health: Pregnancy resource center. Contact Maria Engling for more information and to volunteer.