Our discipleship counseling at Summit Woods Baptist Church is a ministry of coming alongside people to assist them in understanding the gospel in a way they can know God and begin to apply his Word to specific areas of life through the ongoing work of God's Spirit.
How to Get Help
Call the office at (816) 525-8215 to schedule an appointment or speak with an elder at the end of our morning gatherings or book an appointment online here.
Depending on the situation, one of our trained discipleship counselors will contact you and provide direction in how we can best assist you with your need.
- We believe that the inerrant word of God is sufficient for all the spiritual needs of the individual in matters of godliness, 2 Peter 1:3.
- We believe that the word of God is able to change people, 2 Tim. 3:16-17.
- We believe that as Christians we are called to holiness and obedience, 1 Peter 1:15-16; 1 John 2:3.
- Because of the fall of man Gen. 3 he is in need of the word and the work of God, Col. 3:16, John 3:3.
- We believe our Savior is the example. He freely gave away the word of life to those in need.
See the linked document that provides a deeper picture into our Discipleship Counseling ministry at Summit Woods Baptist Church.
SWBC Discipleship Counseling
Training in Discipleship Counseling
We provide regular training in multiple levels of Discipleship Counseling. Training includes significant class instruction, reading, and supervised observation and counseling sessions.
Contact the church office for class times and further information.
Summit Woods Baptist Church is a training center for the International Association of Biblical Counselors (IABC). Our current training will provide you with the opportunity for certification through IABC.