Preparing for the Gathering - Revelation 2:18-29 (Part 2)January 31, 2024 Preparing for Sunday
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- In what ways are you tempted to compromise your faith and witness in your workplace, culture, family, etc.?
- How can you encourage and support those who are faithful witnesses of Christ and his church this week?
- What ideas contrary to scripture do you tolerate?
- What is the difference between toleration and participation? How are they connected?
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Joel Conrad: music; Terry Engling: elder prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Rejoice The Lord Is King (sheetmusic)
- How Firm a Foundation (sheetmusic)
- Have Mercy on Me (sheetmusic)
- And Can It Be? (sheetmusic)
- Jesus, I My Cross Have Taken (sheetmusic)