Preparing for the Gathering - Luke 1:26-45
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Reread Luke 1:26-45.
- Consider a few specific ways in which this news has changed the world as a whole, as well as your individual life.
- How specifically is Mary’s response in vs. 38 an encouragement to you? How do you identify with the Lord?
- Consider what Elizabeth recognized about Mary in vs. 45. Do people realize this about you in your response to God’s Word? Why or why not?
- Recognize and confess any sin that has affected your faithfulness and submission to the Lord.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Mark Krystyniak: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Go Tell It On the Mountain (sheetmusic)
- Christ the Lord Is Born Today (sheetmusic)
- The First Noel (sheetmusic)
- Angels We Have Heard on High (sheetmusic)
- He Who Is Mighty (sheetmusic)
Christmas Eve Gathering
- How Low Was Our Redeemer Brought
- Joyful, Joyful, We Adore You
- What Child Is This?
- O Holy Night
- He Who Is Mighty
- Come Behold the Wondrous Mystery
- Come Thou Long-Expected Jesus