Preparing for the Gathering - Hebrews 9:13-14
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- What acts might you perform simply seeking to cleanse the flesh?
- What “dead works” are you still clinging to, even though you have been cleansed from them?
- How will the reality of your cleansed conscience motivate you to serve the living God this week?
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Rob Stouffer: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Come and Stand Before Your Maker (sheetmusic)
- Great One in Three (sheetmusic)
- Alas, and Did My Savior Bleed (sheetmusic)
- Jesus, Thank You (sheetmusic)
- Dear Refuge of My Weary Soul (sheetmusic)