Preparing for the Gathering - Selected Scriptures
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Make a list of the activities that take place as a part of fellowship in the church. Try to find support for these in Scripture.
- Which of the above activities could you grow in your understanding of their meaning and application?
- How will you work to grow your understanding of those activities?
- Which of the above activities do you need to work on?
- What attainable goals can you set in the new year to better invest into the fellowship of the church?
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Brett Harris: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Nothing But the Blood (sheetmusic)
- Praise to the Lord the Almighty (sheetmusic)
- How Marvelous (sheetmusic)
- How Deep the Father's Love for Us (sheetmusic)
- How Rich a Treasure We Possess (sheetmusic)