Preparing for the Gathering - Philippians 2:5-11
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- In light of this passage and the example of Christ, we all have need to confess our sinful pride and to ask for grace to be more like our humble Savior.
- Think through and write out how you can specifically humble yourself this week in light of the humility exemplified by Christ.
- Pray that all who hear the preaching of God’s Word would bow their knee to Jesus as Lord now in repentance and faith.
- Pray that Summit Woods would reflect the unity driven by humility expressed in these verses. That the humble, self-sacrificing example of Christ would be supreme on our minds as we relate to one another.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Brett Harris: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Dalton Vansell: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- A Mighty Fortress
- Glorious and Mighty
- Grace Greater Than Our Sin
- Still, My Soul, Be Still
- Here Is Love