Preparing for the Gathering - Matthew 15:21-28
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Consider – is this how you view and approach Jesus? What is keeping you from approaching Jesus as this woman did?
- Prayerfully and repentantly approach Jesus as this woman did. Pray for grace to approach Jesus like this. Pray for his mercy.
- What do you need to correct in terms of how you view Jesus? How has this summer shaped your view of Jesus?
- What changes would take place in your life if you viewed Jesus this way? How would you view self, fellow church members, the lost? Make a plan to apply this view of Christ to your life.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Adam Naler: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.