Preparing for the Gathering - Jonah 4:5-11
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Search your heart for the same sinful tendencies of Jonah. Confess those to the Lord and repent of them, trusting in the finished work of Christ.
- Consider the mercy of God displayed toward the Ninevites and Jonah in this book.
- Consider the grace of God to include the Gentiles in the church. Praise God for his lavished grace toward us in the church through Christ.
- Repent of anything in you that would despise God’s mercy given to anyone based on ethnicity, nationality or anything else. Consider the teaching of Christ in 15 and submit yourself to it.
- Pray for the preaching of God’s Word this Lord’s day – that it would bear lasting fruit in the lives of all who hear.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Mark Krystyniak: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Sam Walker: teaching.