Preparing for the Gathering - John 19:16-42
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- How should the death and atonement of Jesus impact the way you live on a daily basis?
- Consider the weight of what Jesus accomplished and finished on the cross. How does this change the way you think about your standing before God? Where should your confidence be?
- How does Jesus’ example in John 19:25-27 convict you?
- Consider the death of Christ. Why did he die? For what purpose? For who? What did he accomplish in his death? How should you live in light of this?
- Pray that eyes would be opened to see personal need for the death of Christ as an atoning sacrifice.
- Pray that we would daily walk in a manner worthy of the truth of the gospel as a congregation. Pray that we would be fervent to share the good news of Jesus’ atoning death with others.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Brett Harris: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Sam Karl: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- This Is Our God
- All Creatures of Our God and King
- The Sands of Time Are Sinking
- Alas, and Did My Savior Bleed
- All I Have Is Christ