Preparing for the Gathering - John 10:30-39June 28, 2019 Preparing for Sunday
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Reread John 10:30-39.
- Reflecting on how Jesus’ relationship with God has affected your life; what area has been most greatly touched and what area has been the least? Why do you think this is?
- Have you been or do you know others who are in a religious system that claim less about Christ than this passage indicates? How are the lives of Christ followers different because of their relationship with him?
- How could you use this passage in your communication of the gospel with others?
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Brett Harris: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Adam Naler: teaching.