Preparing for the Gathering - Hebrews 9:23-28
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Hebrews 9:23-28 again.
- How will you respond to the truth that Jesus now appears in the presence of God on your behalf? What encouragement is that to you this week?
- How might this passage be helpful in a conversation with a Catholic friend or co-worker?
- Are you hoping in the second coming of Christ? How do your actions this week reflect the truth of the coming judgment?
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Joel Conrad: music; Mark Krystyniak: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- All Creatures of Our God and King (sheetmusic)
- God Is For Us (sheetmusic)
- Jesus I My Cross Have Taken (sheetmusic)
- Now Why This Fear (sheetmusic)
- When Trials Come (sheetmusic)