Preparing for the Sermon - Hebrews 9:23-28
Prepare your heart for the Sermon by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together hearing God's Word.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Hebrews 9:23-28. What is the connection between v. 22 and v. 23?
- Why was it necessary for the “copies” to be cleansed with these things, in verse 23?
- Where did Christ enter? For whom is Christ appearing in the presence of God?
- How has Christ put away sin, according to verse 27?
- To whom will Christ appear a second time, according to verse 28?
- What does it mean that Christ appears in the presence of God for us?
- How was Christ’s sacrifice unique from the description of the high priest in verse 25?
- Why would Christ have had to “suffer often since the foundation of the world?”
- What does it mean that Christ will appear “without reference to sin” in verse 28?