Preparing for the Gathering - Hebrews 8:1-6
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Hebrews 8:1-6 again. What should we place our hope in, in light of this passage? What are you placing your hope in? Repent of misplaced hope.
- What are you tempted to compare with Jesus? What religious ways are you tempted to revert to instead of coming to God through Christ? Consider the profound opportunity to come to God through Christ.
- How could you use this passage to encourage yourself, your family, the body of Christ, or an unbeliever? Consider how to practically do this, and seek to carry it out.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Brett Harris: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Our Great God (sheetmusic)
- Before the Throne of God Above (sheetmusic)
- How Vast the Love (sheetmusic)
- Grace and Peace (sheetmusic)
- Great Is Thy Faithfulness (sheetmusic)