Preparing for the Gathering - Hebrews 5:11-14
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Consider ways you may have become dull of hearing. Think through the intentional steps you need to take to become not dull of hearing.
- In what ways have you seen the drift described in this passage happen to you or someone you know? What would have prevented this?
- Pray that we would not become dull of hearing. Pray that we would practice so that our senses are trained to discern good and evil.
- Pray that the Lord would use the preaching of his Word to bring to light and confront immaturity and foster a mature congregation.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Joel Conrad: music; Rob Stouffer: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Great One In Three
- O Church of Christ Invincible
- O Fount of Love
- Beneath the Cross
- O Sacred Head, Now Wounded