Preparing for the Sermon - Hebrews 5:11-14
Prepare your heart for the Sermon by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together hearing God's Word.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Hebrews 5:11-14. Who is the “him” of v. 11? How do you know?
- Why does the author say, “it is hard to explain”? What does it mean to be “dull of hearing”?
- What does the author say that they need since they are dull of hearing? What are those who partake of milk not accustomed to?
- Who is solid food for according to v. 14? How are they described there?
- What would it look like to become dull of hearing?
- What would bring someone to need “milk and not solid food”? How could this drift be avoided according to Hebrews?
- How can you grow to be more mature in line with v. 14? What would this require?
- How does this passage fit in the larger section and argument of Hebrews at this point?