Preparing for the Gathering - Hebrews 12:1-2
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- What sin or encumbrance do you need to lay aside in order to run the race with endurance? Repent of sin. Plan strategy steps for how to run with endurance free from sin and encumbrance.
- Fix your eyes on Christ. What would it look like to do this daily? Consider how to regularly fix your eyes on Jesus.
- How might this passage impact the way you interact with a believer who is tempted to walk away from Jesus?
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Joel Conrad: music; Terry Engling: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- All Praise to Him (Sheetmusic)
- How Vast the Love (Sheetmusic)
- Be Thou My Vision (Sheetmusic)
- I Have a Shelter (Sheetmusic)
- Stricken, Smitten and Afflicted (Sheetmusic)
- Nothing That My Hands Can Do (Sheetmusic)