Preparing for the Gathering - Hebrews 11:23-29
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Hebrews 11:23-29 again.
- Think of the specific implications of vs. 26 in Moses’ life. How determined must he have been to live as he did instead of living for “the treasures of Egypt”? How can you follow his example of living by faith?
- Have you recently been convicted to take any kind of risk in living by faith? What is the result of the choice you made?
- How could you use this passage in sharing the gospel and making disciples? Take steps to share the gospel with a specific unbeliever this week.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Terry Engling: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Resurrection Sunday Weekend
Resurrection Sunday Morning Gathering
- Crown Him with Many Crowns (sheetmusic)
- Praise to the Lord, the Almighty (sheetmusic)
- And Can It Be (sheetmusic)
- My Redeemer's Love (sheetmusic)
- Turn Your Eyes (sheetmusic)
Good Friday Evening Gathering
- All Glory Be to Christ
- O Church of Christ Invincible
- How Marvelous
- The Power of the Cross
- Behold the Lamb