Preparing for the Gathering - Hebrews 11:1-3
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Consider your faith. Is it biblical? Is it like the faith described here?
- How are you doing in persevering by faith? How does this passage help you? How might it be useful for you to help someone struggling to persevere by faith?
- How should v. 3 shape how we share the gospel with unbelievers?
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Joel Conrad: music; Sam Karl: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Grace Alone (sheetmusic)
- What a Savior (sheetmusic)
- All I Have Is Christ (sheetmusic)
- Dear Refuge of My Weary Soul (sheetmusic)
- Beneath the Cross (sheetmusic)
- Alas, and Did My Savior Bleed (sheetmusic)