Preparing for the Gathering - Heb. 1:1-2
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- How should our approach to God and his revelation be shaped by this passage? Write down specific ways your approach to Scripture should be shaped by this. Write down practical things to do in approaching God’s revelation in his Word in light of these verses.
- Thank God for being a God who has revealed himself – both in the OT and in his Son in the NT.
- Write down how this passage fits in the context of the whole book in light of the introductory sermon we heard last week.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Mark Krystyniak: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.