Preparing for the Sermon - Heb. 1:1-2
Prepare your heart for the Sermon by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together hearing God's Word.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Hebrews 1:1-2. Who is the main actor in this section?
- What are the two main divisions that you see in the text? What are some examples from the OT of what you see in v. 1? Why do you think the author mentions this?
- What transition happens at the beginning of v. 2? How has God communicated to us now?
- How is the Son described in v. 2? Why do you think the author describes him in this way here in the introduction to the book?
- The Sermon Study equipping class notes are available online for anyone wanting to dig deeper. Please review this week's notes to help study this passage. Click here for the notes.
- What does this passage teach us about God? Is he silent? How does he reveal himself?
- How should we respond to a God who has revealed himself to us?
- What is the relationship between the Son and the Father described in these verses?
- How should the descriptions of the Son here impact us? How should we respond to the Son?