Preparing for the Gathering - Hebrews 10:5-10
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Hebrews 10:5-10 again.
- Make a list of what “shadows” you are tempted to trust in for acceptance with God. Detail how insufficient those “shadows” truly are.
- In contrast to that list, consider Jesus. Think particularly about the sufficiency of the offering of Christ detailed in v. 10.
- Believe in the sufficiency of the offering of Christ. Turn from trusting in anything else. Seek to walk by faith in the sufficiency of Christ, bringing to mind v. 10. Rejoice in the acceptance you have with God through Christ.
- Use this passage to encourage a fellow believer who is discouraged. Think through how this passage would be helpful in conversation with a specific non-believer you know and seek to intentionally have that conversation in a gracious way.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Adam Naler: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Let the Nations Be Glad (sheetmusic)
- Glory Be to God (sheetmusic)
- He Who Is Mighty (sheetmusic)
- Fairest Lord Jesus (sheetmusic)
- Yet Not I But Through Christ In Me (sheetmusic)