Preparing for the Gathering - Hebrews 10:32-39
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Hebrews 10:32-39
- How does the coming of Christ spur you to persevere in the faith today?
- In what ways are you tempted to “throw away your confidence?” In other words, what tempts you to walk away from persevering in the faith?
- How does this passage encourage you toward perseverance in the faith?
- Who can you reach out to this week to encourage them toward perseverance in the faith?
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Brett Harris: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- All My Ways (sheetmusic)
- Lead On, O King Eternal (sheetmusic)
- O My Soul, Arise (sheetmusic)
- O Sacred Head Now Wounded (sheetmusic)
- Stricken, Smitten and Afflicted (sheetmusic)