Preparing for the Gathering - Heb. 2:5-8October 11, 2019 Preparing for Sunday
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Reread Hebrews 2:5-8.
- Consider how this passage compares with the popular view of angels within our culture? What about Christ as portrayed in the passage compared with our culture’s view of him?
- How could you use this passage in your witness for Christ to others?
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Rob Stouffer: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- 10,000 Reasons
- Praise to the Lord, the Almighty
- O Church of Christ, Invincible
- How Deep the Father's Love for Us