Preparing for the Sermon - Heb. 2:5-8October 9, 2019 Preparing for Sunday
Prepare your heart for the Sermon by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together hearing God's Word.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Hebrews 2:5-8. Who is “He” in vs. 5 and 8?
- Why does the author refer to angels? (see preceding passages)
- Who is “him” and what is stated about him? Also see Heb. 2:9 and Psalm 8:3-6.
- How would you phrase vs. 8 in your own words?
- What is God’s apparent relationship with “him”, from this passage alone?
- Considering vs. 8, what is different about the present world, compared to “the world to come” in vs. 5?
- How would you describe being “subject”, as used in vs. 8? (all forms of the word)
- How does this passage fit into the author’s point so far in this letter?