Preparing for the Gathering - Galatians 5:16-24
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Examine your actions in light of this passage and determine if you are known by walking according to the desires of the flesh or by walking by the Spirit?
- If you are engaging in the desires of the flesh what should your response be if you are filled and led by the Holy Spirit? What is your response if you are not filled or led by the Spirit? How can this help you disciples others?
- Look for ways to live in obedience to the Holy Spirit so that you do not grieve the Spirit.
- Preferably, walk according to the Word of God through regular intake of the Word in reading, studying, listening to preaching, meditating, and praying through God's Word in private, with other individuals, and corporately.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Brett Harris: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Adam Naler: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- How Rich a Treasure We Possess
- 10,000 Reasons
- Now Why This Fear
- Take, My Life, and Let It Be Consecrated
- Psalm 62