Preparing for the Gathering - Ephesians 5:22-33
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Husbands, where have you been falling short in loving your wife? Confess this to your wife.
- Wives, where have you been falling short in subjecting yourself to your husband? Confess this to your husband.
- Husbands, what are you doing to help your wife grow in sanctification? What more should you be doing to lead your wife spiritually?
- If you are married, what temptations do you feel towards disunity in your marriage? What steps can you take this week to grow in unity?
- If you are single, what can you be doing to help encourage godly marriages in the church?
- If you are single, how does Christ’s marriage relationship with the church encourage you?
- How can you be pursuing intimacy within the body of Christ?
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Adam Naler: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Rob Stouffer: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- God Is For Us (sheetmusic)
- A Mighty Fortress (sheetmusic)
- O Church of Christ, Invincible (sheetmusic)
- My Redeemer's Love (sheetmusic)
- Prepared a Place for Me (sheetmusic)