Preparing for the Gathering - Ephesians 5:19
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Eph 5:18-20 again.
- How does the nature of singing seen in this verse necessitate the physical gathering of the church? What does this mean Christians should make it a habit of doing?
- In light of Eph 5:19, how should singing impact a non-believer or a new believer who comes to church? Think through how to have that conversation with a new believer or a non-believer. Make an effort to have that conversation on Sunday morning.
- Why should the church sing when it gathers?
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Joel Conrad: music; Brett Harris: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- He Is Our God (sheetmusic)
- My Heart Is Filled (sheetmusic)
- See He Comes (sheetmusic)
- His Mercy Is More (sheetmusic)
- Christ the Sure and Steady Anchor (sheetmusic)