Preparing for the Gathering - Ephesians 5:1-13
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- What are some actions that would be ‘pleasing to the Lord’ that you should emphasize in your life? How will you ensure that these things are emphasized in your life?
- In what ways should you perhaps ‘expose’ ‘unfruitful deeds of darkness’?
- How should you pursue repentance in light of this passage?
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Adam Naler: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Brett Harris: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Man of Sorrows (sheetmusic)
- Nothing But the Blood (sheetmusic)
- How Firm a Foundation (sheetmusic)
- Show Us Christ (sheetmusic)
- Christ Is Mine Forevermore (sheetmusic)