Preparing for the Sermon - Ephesians 5:1-13
Prepare your heart for the Sermon by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together hearing God's Word.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- In Ephesians 5:1, Paul uses the word ‘therefore.’ What has he said that lays the foundation for his teaching in chapter 5?
- What reasons does Paul give to reject the actions described in verses 3 and 4?
- What is the primary command in these verses, which summarizes all the other commands?
- In these verses, what relationship does Paul uphold as the reason why Christians live unique lives?
- In what ways does your lifestyle demonstrate God’s character?
- Would unbelievers around you recognize that you are now ‘light in the Lord’?
- Are there actions in your life that demonstrate immorality, impurity, covetousness, or idolatry?