Preparing for the Gathering - Ephesians 4:32
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Ephesians 4:32 again.
- Think on the abundant forgiveness God has extended toward you in Christ. Allow this truth to soften any unforgiveness in your heart.
- How should the language of forgiveness permeate our interactions with others? Develop a plan for pursuing reconciliation with others. Replace the language in your vocabulary that may be a poor substitute for asking for forgiveness and forgiving others.
- To whom do you need to extend forgiveness this week? Reach out to them.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Brett Harris: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Mark Krystyniak: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Crown Him with Many Crowns (sheetmusic)
- Praise to the Lord, the Almighty (sheetmusic)
- O Fount of Love (sheetmusic)
- Turn Your Eyes (sheetmusic)
- Have Mercy on Me (sheetmusic)