Preparing for the Sermon - Ephesians 4:32
Prepare your heart for the Sermon by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together hearing God's Word.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Ephesians 4:32.
- What is the context for this verse? In the preceding verses, what are we to put away from us?
- What is the overarching command of verse 32? What does forgiveness mean?
- Who is the “one another” of this verse?
- What is to be our motivation for forgiving one another?
- What does it mean to have a tender heart towards others?
- How has God, in Christ, forgiven you?
- Why is the language of forgiveness so important – vertically with God and also horizontally with others?
- How far then should we extend forgiveness to one another?