Preparing for the Gathering - Colossians 1:14-20
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Reread Colossians 1:13-20.
- Does your view of everyday life reflect this passage? If not, what is different? What steps could you take to realign your thinking to match this passage?
- What views or opinions have you heard from others that don’t reflect what this passage states about Christ? How could you use this passage to gracefully inform others with those views?
- How specifically does this passage heighten your excitement for an eternity with the Lord?
- Take steps to commit all or part of this passage to memory.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Joel Conrad: music; Brett Harris: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Mark Krystyniak: teaching.