Preparing for the Gathering - 2 Tim 3:16-17
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Consider a proper view/approach/response to Scripture in light of these verses.
- Write out what it would look like to live properly in the course of a normal day for you in light of the Scripture’s teaching about itself in these verses.
- What heart postures should be present as you think about and approach Scripture in light of these verses?
- Seek the Lord’s forgiveness for wrong views of Scripture, approaches to it, and responses to it. Praise God for his grace where you see faithfulness to Scripture in your life. Seek the Lord’s grace for greater degrees of faithfulness.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Adam Naler: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.