Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Cor. 14:26-33
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Reread 1 Corinthians 14:26-33. Are any portions of this passage being applied in our church gatherings? How?
- Considering this passage and the past few sermons, how has your thinking about the gifts of tongues and prophecy been changed or enhanced? Consider what direct application this has in how you view and take part in our church gatherings?
- Consider someone you know who may have questions about these gifts or about what should take place in the gatherings of a church. How could you use this passage or the entire chapter to encourage them in love?
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Brett Harris: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.
Songs for Sunday
- Come Thou Almighty King
- A Mighty Fortress
- When I Survey
- O Lord, My Rock and My Redeemer
- God Over All
More in Latest News
September 28, 2022Preparing for the Sermon - 1 Thessalonians 5:1-3
September 28, 2022Elder's Prayer - September 25, 2022
September 22, 2022Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18