Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Cor. 11:23-26February 23, 2018 Preparing for Sunday
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Reread 1 Corinthians 11:23-26. Recall any misconceptions or false views of this ordinance that surfaced as you worked through the previous portion of this post. Pray that the Lord would illuminate your understanding of this passage in light of your previous understanding and practice of it.
- Do you find yourself as personally needing to take part in this ordinance? Why or why not? If not, communicate this with an elder or member of the church for further conversation.
- How mindful are you of the seriousness this passage carries and what is implied as being at stake supposing this ordinance is neglected? Reflect on the last few times you have taken part in this. How could your mindset, attitude, or behavior be adjusted to match the tone of this passage?
- How could this passage be used in your witness of the gospel? Have any of your recent conversations with unbelievers touched on this topic? Take steps to have an intentional conversation to communicate the gospel with a nonbeliever this week.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Mark Krystyniak: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.