Resources for Sunday - May 3
Here are resources to assist your time as a family or in small groups to pray, sing, read and discuss God's word together.
By 9:00 am Sunday, the regular Sunday message will be posted on our church's web page. We encourage you to read, sing, and pray together, then listen or watch the morning message.
Also, through the week, use these Preparing for the Sermon materials that contain suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached.
- Read Psalm 122 and pray based on that passage
- Sing Holy, Holy, Holy as a means of exalting the Lord in song together
- Spend time praying together
- Read Valley of Vision Living By Prayer
- Praying for a sister church in our area: Flint Hills Bible Church, Emporia, KS; David Hintz, Pastor
- We praise God for our church's response. This has been a rallying point where people have called, served, and ministered to each other in creative ways.
- Pray for wisdom as the elders seek a way forward to transition back to normal life. Also, pray for a spirit of unity and deference in our body. Naturally, there are some people who are terrified at the prospect of crowds while others are pushing to return to normal as soon as possible.
- Pray for our community. We have been hard hit by COVID-19. Four or our food processing factories have been deemed hot spots so there is a lot of fear among our friends and neighbors.
- Choose a few members from the church directory and pray for them; perhaps contact them this week to let them know and learn how they are doing.
- Sing Still, My Soul, Be Still, remembering together Christ's work on the Cross
- Listen or watch the morning message
- Respond to the God's Word by singing When I Survey the Wondrous Cross together
- Click the links below to find the Youtube videos, Hymnsheets and recordings of the songs; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- During these days, encourage one another with God's word, thoughts on the goodness of his perfect wisdom, deep love, and ultimate sovereignty. He is trustworthy. Allow the world to see His impact on our hearts through our responses throughout these days.