Resources for Sunday - May 24
Here are resources to assist your time as a family or in small groups to pray, sing, read and discuss God's word together.
By 9:00 am Sunday, the regular Sunday message will be posted on our church's web page. We encourage you to read, sing, and pray together, then listen or watch the morning message.
Also, through the week, use these Preparing for the Sermon materials that contain suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached.
- Read Psalm 119:73-80 and pray based on that passage
- Sing Great Is Thy Faithfulness as a means of exalting the Lord in song together
- Spend time praying together
- Read words to the hymn Sovereign Grace O'er Sin Abounding and pray. (This hymn can be sung to the tune of Savior, Like a Shepherd Lead Us)
- Praying for a sister church in our area: First Baptist Church, Grandview, MO; Michael Nelson, Pastor.
- Thank you so much for praying for us and for me. It is a blessing to know that we are not in this common struggle alone. Thank you all for standing with us and so many other churches in prayer.
- You can pray specifically for our church as we plan to gather this Sunday. We plan to have one service at 10:30am on Sunday morning. It will be our first one in 9 weeks. I am excited, but also a little bit nervous as to how it will go. Pray that our church would be on the same page with all of the guidelines. I think there are some who think we will be back to normal in just a few short weeks. Maybe we will, I don't think so though. Pray also that we would continue to make the most of every opportunity with our community as well.
- As for me, you can pray for my endurance. Originally I was expecting a little bit of down time during this pandemic, but that has not been the case. Through trying to minister to people and make decisions, it has been a bit tiring. Pray for my family as well. We watch many of the families of our church connecting again, and our family is all out of state. With hesitancy in traveling, we don't know when we will see them next. I know this probably hits my wife more than me.
- Again, thank you for praying for us. I am grateful for the partnership and friendship your church continually offers to us.
- Choose a few members from the church directory and pray for them; perhaps contact them this week to let them know and learn how they are doing.
- Sing Not In Me, remembering together Christ's work on the Cross
- Listen or watch the morning message
- Respond to the God's Word by singing The Lord Is together
- Click the links below to find the Youtube videos, Hymnsheets and recordings of the songs; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- During these days, encourage one another with God's word, thoughts on the goodness of his perfect wisdom, deep love, and ultimate sovereignty. He is trustworthy. Allow the world to see His impact on our hearts through our responses throughout these days.