Resources for Sunday - April 5
Here are resources to assist your time as a family or in small groups to pray, sing, read and discuss God's word together.
By 9:00 am Sunday, the regular Sunday message will be posted on our church's web page. We encourage you to read, sing, and pray together, then listen or watch the morning message.
Also, through the week, use these Preparing for the Sermon materials that contain suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached.
- Read Psalm 118 and pray together
- Sing Behold Our God as a means of exalting the Lord in song together
- Read the Valley of Vision prayer God Creator and Controller, meditating on those truths together
- Sing My Heart Is Filled with Thankfulness, remembering together Christ's work on the Cross
- Read Hebrews 7:1-3 and pray for the Spirit's work through the word
- Listen or watch the morning message
- Respond to the God's Word by singing It Is Well with My Soul together
- Spend time praying together
- Choose a few members from the church directory and pray for them; perhaps contact them this week to let them know and learn how they are doing.
- Praying for another local church in our area: Ascend Church, Jeff Terrell, Pastor in Olathe, KS
- Pray for Robbie and Rachel Angell, members of SWBC in South Asia: It has already encouraged our hearts to be a part of the Summit Woods family at a time like this and know we are all in it together. Here a few things we would love prayer for :
- Pray for the people of South Asia to have the food they need during this time. Many are truly suffering.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit would work in the hearts of those who have already heard the Gospel prior to this country-wide lockdown.
- Pray that we all, including our national brothers and sisters, would continue to draw close to the Lord, spend time with Him and love our families and neighbors well.
- Click the links below to find the Youtube videos, Hymnsheets and recordings of the songs; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- During these days, encourage one another with God's word, thoughts on the goodness of his perfect wisdom, deep love, and ultimate sovereignty. He is trustworthy. Allow the world to see His impact on our hearts through our responses throughout these days.
Songs for Sunday
- Behold Our God (Hymnsheet)
- My Heart Is Filled with Thankfulness (Hymnsheet)
- It Is Well with My Soul (Hymnsheet)