Preparing for the Sermon - Revelation 1:4-8November 22, 2023 Preparing for Sunday
PREPARE YOUR HEART FOR THE SERMON BY LOOKING THROUGH THESE SUGGESTIONS THAT WILL ASSIST YOU IN MAKING THE MOST OF OUR TIME TOGETHER HEARING GOD'S WORD.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Revelation 1:4-8. Who penned this letter and who does he indicate the message is from? Also see 1:1, 9-10. Who is this letter written to?
- How is Jesus described in this passage? What has Jesus done and what is He to do in the future?
- Describe what is announced in verse 7.
- What statement appears twice?
- How is Jesus praised in this passage?
- What specifically came “from Him who is and who was and who is to come”?
- List the ways sin is referenced or implied.
- What significance do the repeated statements in verses 4 and 8 have? Why do you think it’s repeated at this point in the letter and why does it surround what is stated in the body of this passage?