Preparing for the Sermon - Revelation 1:1-3November 15, 2023 Preparing for Sunday
PREPARE YOUR HEART FOR THE SERMON BY LOOKING THROUGH THESE SUGGESTIONS THAT WILL ASSIST YOU IN MAKING THE MOST OF OUR TIME TOGETHER HEARING GOD'S WORD.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- What is the meaning of the word revelation? What does it mean to reveal something?
- What does “of” reference in the statement “The Revelation of Jesus Christ”? Is the revelation done by Jesus Christ? Or is Jesus Christ the object of the revelation?
- What is the purpose of this revelation?
- Who are the bond-servants?
- Who communicated this revelation, and by what means was it communicated?
- Who will be blessed by this book?
- Who is this book a revelation of?
- To whom did God give this revelation?
- What is communicated by the statement “Must soon take place”?
- Read Revelation 22:6-21. What words, ideas, or themes are repeated in the conclusion of the book that are present in here in the introduction (Revelation 1:1-3)? What is the significance?