Preparing for the Sermon - Romans 8:9-11
Prepare your heart for the Sermon by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together hearing God's Word.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Romans 8:1-11. The following questions and upcoming sermon will focus on vs. 9-11. The preceding verses will inform you about the context.
- What does the author, Paul, say about his audience? What conditional statements are made in this passage? What is stated about Christ’s involvement or connection with believers?
- What is stated about life or about being alive? What is stated about the Spirit?
- List what this passage states is true about believers.
- What hope is given through vs. 11? What do you think is the extent of that hope?
- What connection or relationship do you claim you have with God? Based on this passage, what is the evidence of that relationship in your life?
- How do you see verse 10 played out in your life?
- Reflecting on the whole of 8:1-11, what is the Spirit of Christ’s involvement in your life? What has your response been to the Spirit’s involvement in your life?