Preparing for the Sermon - Romans 15:1-6
Prepare your heart for the Sermon by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together hearing God's Word.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Romans 15:1-6. Who are the “strong” and “those without strength” in v. 1? (look back on chapter 14) How are the strong to interact with the weak and vice versa according to vv. 1-2?
- What reason is given in v. 3 for this kind of mutual interaction? Where does Paul quote from in v. 3? Why is this significant?
- How does v. 4 relate to vv. 1-3?
- What is the only sufficient source of unity according to v. 5? For what purpose does God grant unity according to v. 6?
- Consider how these verses should impact your interaction with other believers, particularly this Sunday.
- How does this root our interactions in the gospel?
- How does this passage highlight the ultimate purpose of our unity?