Preparing for the Sermon - Revelation 5July 16, 2019 Preparing for Sunday
Prepare your heart for the Sermon by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together hearing God's Word.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Revelation chapter 5. From Rev. 1:2-2, who saw and recorded this account?
- With what dilemma does this chapter begin? How many were considered in the search for someone to solve the dilemma? Who was found?
- Why was the one who took the scroll able to do so (vs. 5)? What is stated about him through the rest of this chapter?
- Who all is listed as being present for this scene? Who is the focus on?
- What is the relationship between the one who received the scroll and everyone else present for this account? What recognition does he receive from them?
- Why do you think John was upset when no one was able to open the scroll (vs. 4)?
- Consider how many times the Lamb is referred to as “worthy”. What is mentioned or celebrated about his worthiness?
- What is your view of Jesus in comparison with this chapter?
- What were the responses of those listed in this scene when the Lamb took the scroll? What is your response to Jesus when you read this passage?