Preparing for the Sermon - Revelation 19:11-16
Prepare your heart for the Sermon by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together hearing God's Word.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- According to verse 11, what has the one who is Faithful and True come to do?
- What adorns the head of the one who is called Faithful and True?
- Who is following Him on white horses?
- What two things will He do to the nations? What will he use to accomplish this?
- Over verses 11-16, what are the three different names given to this individual?
- Who is the rider of the white horse? What clues lead you to this conclusion?
- On whom has the rider of the white horse come to bring judgment and make war?
- Whose blood might be on the robe he wears?
- What does it mean that “he will tread the winepresses of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty?”