Preparing for the Sermon - Psalm 119:9-16
Prepare your heart for the Sermon by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together hearing God's Word.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- What is the unifying theme or themes of these verses?
- What words are used to refer to God’s revelation, and what is their significance?
- What seems to be the major need or concern of the Psalmist in this section?
- Do these verses indicate that the Psalmist thinks he can keep God’s Word himself, or does he sense a need for grace?
- How do you think that the Word of God helps a young man to keep his way pure?
- Why does the Psalmist so often refer to God’s word as ‘Your’ Word or ‘Your’ Statutes, etc.?
- What motivations does the Psalmist exhibit in this passage?
- Why do you think that the Psalmist referred to God’s blessedness in verse 12?