Preparing for the Sermon - Luke 12:13-34
Prepare your heart for the Sermon by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together hearing God's Word.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Luke 12:13-34. What does Jesus warn against in verse 15?
- Where does the rich man store his crops?
- What does he think will the result of his barns? What is the actual result?
- Why are we not to worry about food and clothing?
- What two things does Jesus tell us to consider, in verses 24-28?
- What are we to seek above anything else?
- What is at the root of the person’s question in verse 13?
- What does the rich man’s words in verse 19 say about his perspective on his life?
- As we consider them, what can we learn from the ravens and the lilies?
- What does Jesus say will be given to us as we seek His kingdom?
- What does it mean to “seek His kingdom?”