Preparing for the Sermon - Hebrews 8:7-13
Prepare your heart for the Sermon by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together hearing God's Word.
You will find suggestions for thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Hebrews 8:7-13.
- What would have happened if the first covenant had been faultless, according to verse 7?
- Who finds fault with whom in the beginning of verse 8?
- Where in the OT does the author of Hebrews cite from in verses 8-12?
- How does what we heard in the sermon last week help us understand the author’s quotation of these verses?
- What happens to the old covenant, now that the new is here according to v. 13?
- What does it mean that the first covenant was not “faultless?”
- How does the OT reference here contribute to the overall argument of chapter 8 The overall argument of Hebrews?
- What are the implications of the old covenant now being made “obsolete?”